Thursday, December 07, 2006

West Albany V. Corvallis

Hmmm, who to root for this Saturday at the OSAA 5-A Championship game at Autzen Stadium in Eugene? Never have rooted for either school in my life before. Yes, there has been a buzz about the town as of late, building up toward the game. Heck, even some former South Albany grads I know have caught "Bulldog Spirit" (I think you can get a shot for that).



The pros of West: my mom and sister and some of my cousins have worked at their at some point in their life (the current principal is now related through marriage). Also, I've known the football coach from a long time back, when my mother used to work at his family's business, Lakeshore Lanes, and my brother and I would hang out at their house in North Albany.


Those are the immediate reasons to pull for the Dogs (can I really count all of my co-workers who attended West as reasons to cheer for 'em ;) )


The pros for Corvallis: they're not West Albany...........but they are from Corvallis. Oh poo..........I hope the Bulldogs win, so that my family (and Randy) will be happy, I just don't wanna hear about it for the next year.






BUZZ

No comments: