Friday, December 15, 2006

14th December 2006 Windstorm

Thousands and thousands of people all over the state, primarily on the coast and in the Willamette Valley, lost power to their homes and businesses as a fierce windstorm pounded both Washington state and Oregon Thursday night. Gusts of up to 114 mph, at Mount Hebo, were reported on the coast, while the valley numbers reached up at 80 mph, which was recorded at Salem.


Lots of people I know, mostly those who lived in Corvallis, lost power for up to a couple of hours last night, starting around 7:30 p.m. Those in Albany who reported lost power said the return for service took about half an hour, all of whom were Pacific Power customers.


Can not complain about my losses at all (primarily, my backyard fence was destroyed), and when I spent some time trying to imagine being in a hurricane.............well, I felt lucky that nothing severe really happened. No power lost here at all, some flickering lights around the time Corvallis lost its power, I got off very very light.




REPORT

No comments: