Friday, December 15, 2006

Top Ten States For Biggest Speeding Tickets

I had absolutely no idea that the fines for speeding here in Oregon were among the highest in the United States. Being that I tend to be very calm and relaxed when it comes to being behind the wheel, I suppose that the penalties for the violators of the speed limit had just escaped my notice; my motto when driving is "I'd rather get there later than not at all", which pertains to reckless drivers weaving in and out of traffic (cue the idiot last week on southbound I-5 at the Enchanted Forest exit who passed up the hill on the shoulder on a two-lane highway; when I saw him fishtail going nearly 80 mph I wondered aloud if it was my responsibility to call the cops and ambulance when he was so recklessly endangering others).



Anyway, the top ten states are listed in this Forbes Magazine article.



SPEEDING

No comments: