Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Video Montage From Monday "Loser"

Watching the (unexpectedly) lopsided BCS title game Monday night, I was a bit taken aback by all of the weepy Buckeye fans being given screen time (typical Fox work for that type of game, I dunno?).


No one I know of, save for Rudy the bartender at a local watering hole, gave much chance for the Gators to win, I personally had told a Buckeye friend the final would be 24-14 for the Bucks, which is why I don't bet in Vegas that often.


Of course, with a Michigan grad in our family, I always hear about the Buckeye fans, etc., as I expect I would hear about in any type of rivalry. Which is why the video created over at NBX.COM....the agony of defeat video would make her smile, as well as any of those who are continually put off by the attitude of Buckeye fans around the nation. They've compiled a clever edit of all of the best hard hits from the game, along with a healthy mix of the weepy Buckeye nation crowd shots given large amounts of air time, all to an edit of Beck's Loser (love the bit of Urban Meyer pumping his fists in sync with the beat).


The video is also on another excellent sports blog, WITH LEATHER.........SUCKS TO BE OHIO STATE


In the third quarter, I'd started thinking about using a pic of one of those weepy Buck fans in a post, but then the pic of the crying kid at the end of the third quarter made me stop and think to myself "I can't use that one!". Well, other people have decided that they could, it's the opening shot of the video.


P.S. Sorry 'bout that Butch...................and congrats to Rudy :)




VIDEO LINK

No comments: