Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Spurs Sign Sunderland Keeper Alnwick

The long-term replacement to England's Number One keeper Paul Robinson? At any rate, the people who operate Sunderland have seen fit to deal away the 20 year old Ben Alnwick to White Hart Lane, and the reaction I've seen to the deal has been of "it's a very good deal, he's young and can only get better" type of attitude.

Basically the deal works out to a swap with Sunderland, seeing as how another goalie from Spurs, Marton Fulop, has been playing at the Stadium Of Light since November.


Hope it cheers those miserable bastards up, the knuckleheadedness of some of their fans that I met in Seattle a couple of years ago made me an instant hater of the Black Cats, one who reveled in their misfortune of being relegated a couple of years ago. The appointment of Roy Keane is a step in the right direction I suppose, but all things considered I'd still rather be a Newcastle fan, if I had to support a team from that area.



BEN

No comments: