Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Because If It Ain't Stiff............


...........no prizes for guessing the rest, especially after I put up a pic of one of my all-time fave tees, which promptly was stolen from me, though I still have a badge of that famous saying.


Some good news in the seemingly never-ending flow of reissues designed to make consumers buy yet another copy of a work they already own. BUT (and this is big but), these titles are indeed from the vaults of the legendary Stiff Records, a linchpin of the English New Wave scene of the 70's and 80's.


These albums, of which I've never seen CD versions of before, are being done right, with the usual plethora of bonus materials composed of b-sides and live tracks. Digital remastering as well, though some people like that aspect, but some people don't.


I know for certain that I'd like a version of the Wreckless Eric and Rachel Sweet titles, I had the Any Trouble album when it came out but sold it within a couple of years. Maybe it's time to revisit that one.


STIFF RECORDS

No comments: