Sunday, February 25, 2007

Wendy's Original Store To Close


Dunno why I'm partial to Wendy's over the other fast-food burger joints, oh wait, maybe I do. Living next door to a McDonald's and having some litter in my yard a lot of the time is no fun, and I'm not much of a fan of the food at Burger King. For the record, I bought something at a Carl's Jr. the other day, first time ever, and was not impressed with what I purchased: a buffalo chicken sandwich that had been drowned in that Frank's Red Hot sauce. The french fry sauce at Arctic Circle is good, but the only ones in this area are at least a 40 minute drive. Plus, there are no Fatburgers round here either. That leaves Wendy's, and there is nothing better to warm up to after a morning in the freezers like a Spicy Chicken Sandwich. About the only downside to Wendy's is that they increased the straw size last year whenever I opt for a "value meal"; I don't really wanna drink that much soda that quickly.


At any rate, the original Wendy's in Columbus, Ohio will close this coming Friday due to losing money related to a number of factors. From the articles, not entirely unexpected, but as the franchise that I spend the most money at, we still have to note the passing of the flagship store for the chain.




USA TODAY




COLUMBUS DISPATCH

No comments: