Friday, July 13, 2007

Oregon Adds Baseball

The news, not altogether unexpected, was officially announced today, along with something called "competitive cheer" for the females in order to make Oregon more Title IX compliant. The bad news in this is that men's wrestling has been dropped in this shuffle.



All of the issues and contentions about why the Ducks have added baseball won't be addressed here, as everybody's gonna have their own ideas and contentions about the nature of these machinations. On a personal level though, this news affects me, as a Duck fan, very little. Some of this is down to traveling, I'd have to drive about an hour to get to the games, and some of this pertains to my tastes, which include the metal bats and the use of a designated hitter.


About the only games I might attend would be the games in Corvallis against the Beavers, or those games that would fall on a Saturday or a Sunday.



I'm sure to hear an earful at work about most of this in the coming days, weeks, and months, so I guess I can be thankful to help fill in some of the dead time until the football practices and games start again this fall.





GODUCKS.COM ARTICLE

No comments: