Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Reason To Love The Internet: Conway Twitty With The Residents

Very nice to discover this classic bit of incongruity from Night Music. I'd seen a couple of episodes of the show when it was on (I got chills hearing David Sanborn intone about "going from one classic American song to another", a segue from a country lament into a SONIC YOUTH-LED CAST JAM of I Wanna Be Your Dog); I had no idea that The Residents and Conway Twitty had appeared on the same show. A match made in heaven, no doubt, except perhaps to the more conservative elements of Twitty's fan base who were probably confused as hell as to what was happening on stage. A big thank you to the internet for letting me catch up on this, and to scmm42 for providing this clip. Nice work!






No comments: