Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Taleban On WHYS



So today the BBC's WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY aired a Taleban spokesman answering questions from a number of listeners around the world concerning a number of issues, the feeling I got from listening to the answers reminded me of the feeling I got sitting in the theaters watching the last episode of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, The Return Of The King, when the assembled armies of the West gathered before the gates of Mordor in their final effort to buy time for Frodo and Samwise to accomplish their task. The Mouth of Sauron then makes his appearance to deliver his empty lies to those gathered before him in the darkland.


In both instances I found myself not able to believe a single word that either of them said, with the vague promises of "we'll see what happens when we're in power" from the Taleban spokesman regarding Afghanistan issues as a prelude to really strike back at those who do not agree with their world views. ( Have to say I did not listen to the whole show, I did have to get out of the truck to do my work, so I'll be checking out the podcast from the whole show this weekend.)



WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY BLOG



Coincidence or not? Now playing on Winamp as I write this, it's Born With A Tail by the Supersuckers.

No comments: