Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Calm After The Storm


Well, I certainly enjoyed the 60 degree December day today, as opposed to the numerous showers I took yesterday while working outside, but I knew in my mind that once again the valley for the most part was spared the worst of the latest winter storm to hit the Pacific Northwest. Checking out the newspaper pictures and television videos of the wind and water wreckage from the Oregon coast to Vernonia to Woodinville, WA still had me shaking my head. The news that a lengthy stretch of 1-5 in Washington near Chehalis, under 10 feet of water according to ABC News, had been closed added to the road congestion woes that included the highways leading to the coasts as well as the various sections of U.S. 101. Good luck and godspeed to those affected by the storm, I know we got off light. :(





I-5 STORY




The photo was taken by Rob Finch of the Oregonian on 101.

No comments: