Friday, November 17, 2006

Turn Turn Turn

Honestly that's the song I was listening to when I came across the news that legendary R&B singer Ruth Brown had passed away today. Can't deny that I first came across her in the John Waters flick Hairspray (her Motormouth Maybelle was a truly memorable character), but I checked out a couple of her CD's from the Salem Public Library when I lived in Salem(taped them to cassette, which I might still have somewhere). Thank you for the memories Ruth, I enjoyed them immensely when I had the chance to come across them.








RUTH



Also, on the eve of the big college football showdown between number one Ohio State and number two Michigan in Columbus, legendary Michigan coach Bo Schembechler has passed away today as well. (below, with the late Ohio State coach Woody Hayes).





BO S.



As for my choice in that game, which I won't be able to watch cause I'll be there watching Arizona at Oregon..........Hail To The Victors!!

No comments: