Sunday, February 01, 2009

To Interfere With Nature?




A couple of weeks ago, near the Valley River Center, I came across this guy foraging for food. Unseen in this pic, just a few feet away, was a cat carefully stalking out his next meal, and as the scenario began to unfold, the thought struck me as to whether or not I should let nature play itself out.


Of course, as a human, I had to put my two cents worth into the affair, and I lobbed a rock at the cat, sending him scurrying away, the prey safe from its potential deathly fate for at least for another couple of hours. Why should any of us in this day and age here pretend that the world doesn't operate in a clean, sanitary manner because it's not right in our faces? Carry on, squirrel, until tomorrow......when all bets are off again.

No comments: