Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Groove Armada & Richie Havens: Hands Of Time

Following the great Richie Havens performance in I'm Not There as well as hearing Handouts In The Rain on a recent Mojo magazine CD of some of Paul Weller's inspirational tunes, I went looking to hear something else by the man.


Came across this performance with Groove Armada, a song that's apparently featured in the movie Collateral; I suppose I'd overlooked this gem simply for the fact that it was placed in a Tom Cruise vehicle; with my hand on my heart, I can honestly say that I've never spent a dime of my own money at the box office for a Tom Cruise movie, the last movie of his I saw was Risky Business........and that's when I was working in the theater to start with.


Tom may get some ancillary income from the soundtrack CD sales, but that still won't detract from this lovely tune.





No comments: