Friday, April 25, 2008

And There Was Much Rejoicing: Sports Talk Is Back On The Air

Couldn't quite believe my ears today when, at the end of the Writer's Block show on 1320, host George Schroeder announced that the much missed Sports Talk, a local call in show hosted by Steve Tannen, would return to the air next Monday, having been canceled a bit more than a month ago by KPNW.


The announced time slot for the show was given at noon to 2 p.m., currently where the Dan Patrick show is now heard, albeit on a three-hour time delay. Having appreciated his return to radio, I'd resigned myself to never hearing from Mr. Patrick again. The one factor that I had not counted on was the news that the programming director of 1320 was dropping the Jim Rome show instead, moving Patrick's show into that time period.


Can't say I'll miss Rome terribly, I get annoyed at times when he will chide his listeners for one particular thing, telling them to grow up and never do that again............but he won't let the subject drop and will continue to talk about it for several more minutes. Besides, if I have a need to hear Rome (and there are times when I do, but I find myself wishing he would take more vacations so that we could hear the Sklar brothers instead), I will just turn to 1240 Joe Radio for that fix.


The excellent Duck Sports News, a great compendium of Duck information, has some more information on the story HERE, including the press release from Cumulus Broadcasting announcing the change.


Welcome back Steve, you were most certainly missed this past month, especially during the NCAA men's basketball tourney!

No comments: