Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yes Way, Says Jose

Now that the news of the departure, and subsequent contract settlement, of former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has settled a bit some 24 hours later, and though the shockwaves will continue to reverberate for quite awhile, I've already realized I'm gonna miss the guy.



Sure he's a bit prickly and abrasive, as I'm sure lots of Liverpool fans will attest to, but I've always kinda admired the directness he often took with the British press, though I've also always had the feeling that sometimes even Jose didn't really know what he was gonna say before he said it. THROWING HIS CHAMPIONSHIP MEDALS INTO THE STAMFORD BRIDGE CROWD upon repeating as league champions was refreshing to see; I could never see the dour Arsene Wenger, for example, doing such a thing.



One of my fave Jose clips, it's about Sir Alex Ferguson, the referees, and bad bottles of wine. Good luck Jose.





No comments: